“AT&T THANKS VIP SWEEPSTAKES
SPONSORED BY AT&T MOBILITY LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
1. Entry Period: The “AT&T THANKS VIP Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) commences at 8:00 AM CT on January 7, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on February 1, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM CT on February 1, 2019. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes you must, as of December 10, 2018, be: (i) an existing AT&T postpaid wireless (excludes data-only plans), DIRECTV (excludes DIRECTV NOW), U-verse TV or an AT&T Internet customer (excludes DSL, Fixed Wireless Broadband, and dial-up services) with an account in “good-standing” as determined by AT&T in its sole discretion; (ii) a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien who is physically located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia at least 21 years of age at time of entry; and (iii) possess a passport valid at least, six months beyond the date of return to the United States from trip Prize (hereinafter defined). Employees, agents, directors of AT&T Mobility LLC (“AT&T” or “Sponsor”), and The Marketing Arm Inc. (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prize and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
3. To Enter: Visit THANKSLOYALTY.com/movies and: (i) complete all required fields on the online entry form including agreeing to the Official Rule; and (ii) submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Message and data rates may apply if entrant enters Sweepstakes via mobile device.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, only one (1) entry will be considered. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the e-mail account used to participate in Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Sweepstakes Period. The “authorized account subscriber” for online entries is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be required by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entry will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
4. Odds: The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Prize: The Winner (hereinafter defined) will receive a trip for the Winner and one (1) guest of Winner (“Guest”), to Atlantis in Dubai (“Destination”), to be taken in 2019, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion, at a date of Winner’s choice subject to availability and blackout dates. The trip will include: (i) round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and Guest which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor’s choice near Winner’s primary residence in the United States to Destination, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $10,000; (ii) six (6) nights hotel accommodations at the Underwater Suite at Atlantis, The Palm in Destination for Winner and for Guest, which will be one (1) standard room based on double occupancy (includes fine dining at The Palm, one (1) spa treatment each for Winner and Guest, one (1) excursion for the Winner and one (1) excursion for the Guest, which must be taken together, and seven (7) day entrance to The Lost Chambers Atlantis & Aquaventure Waterpark for Winner and Guest and ground transportation to and from hotel and airport for Winner and Guest to take together (meals not indicated as being included, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included), with an ARV of $69,225; and (iii) $23,767.50 issued in the form of a check in the Winner’s name which may be used by the Winner to offset his or her income taxes (or a portion of his or her income taxes) incurred when accepting items (i). (ii) and (iii) in this Section 5 (collectively the “Prize” or “Prizes”). (Should the Winner’s income taxes as a result of accepting the Prizes be higher than the $23,767.50). Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for the difference between actual income taxes incurred) and $23,767.50. The total ARV of the Prize is $102,992.50. The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment, and the time of travel and the distance between departure and Destination. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded. Winner and Guest are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein as being awarded. If a Winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, Winner privileges will be terminated and an alternative Winner may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received if time permits.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE THAT THE PRIZE MUST BE TAKEN IN ITS ENTIRETY IN ORDER TO AWARD ANY ELEMENT OF THE PRIZE. IF THE WINNER DOES NOT, FOR ANY REASON, ATTEND THE TRIP, THE TAX OFFSET CHECK PORTION OF THE PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED.
Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner and Guest must possess valid travel documents in order to travel. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion the airline and hotel to be provided as part of the Prize. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Winner or a Guest is not available or able to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, Winner and Guest’s privileges will be terminated and an alternative Winner will be selected in a random manner from the remaining Eligible Entries if time permits. All other charges, such as additional meals, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, internet, faxes, laundry and personal purchases, gratuities, will be the responsibility of the Winner and will need to be settled with the resort prior to departure. It is the responsibility of the Winner and Guest to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). The round-trip air transportation element for the Prize begins and ends at the point of departure. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Winner and Guest are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Winner will be responsible for any bag check fees and gratuities. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for ay damage to baggage, cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or transportation companies, Prize providers or any other persons providing any Prize related services, accommodations or elements. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any missed Prize elements, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Please not that this Prize is subject to space availability and is valid to December 20, 2019 only. The Prize may not be expended, transferred or exchanged for cash and may not be taking during any major holidays: Easter, Eid Holidays, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Hotel blackout and promotion periods do apply. Blackout dates: February 1- February 10, 2019, February 15 – February 25, 2019, April 6 – April 22, 2019, May 25 – May 31, 2019, June 4 – June 8, 2019, August 1 – August 2, 2019, August 8 – August 16, 2019, October 1 – October 6, 2019, October 19 – October 31, 2019, November 1, 2019 and December 24- December 31, 2019.
6. Publicity Release: By participating in Sweepstakes, the Winner grants to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns, the right and permission to record, film, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Sweepstakes Winner List or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be one (1) Winner selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries on or about February 4, 2019 by Sponsor’s independent judging agency, Administrator. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number provided at time of entry and by entering the Sweepstakes the entrant hereby grants permission to be contacted via telephone. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential Winner cannot be reached directly and/or does not meet the eligibility requirements, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries.
8. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Winner and to receive the Prize, the potential Winner must have a passport valid for at least six months beyond the date of return to the United States from trip Prize and sign and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator, within three (3) days of issuance of such documentation from Administrator or Sponsor , confirmation of Winner’s AT&T account number, a complete and valid IRS Form W9 and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, grants Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such release. If potential Winner does not sign this release and return it within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When such documentation is properly executed and providing potential Winner is otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winner will be determined to be the Sweepstakes winner (“Winner”).
Guest participating in Prize with Winner must also have a passport valid for at least six months beyond the date of return to the United States from trip Prize and will also be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release that must be returned along with the potential Winner’s documentation as provided in these Official Rules within three (3) days of issuance. Guest traveling with Winner must be, at the time of Prize fulfillment, at least 21 years of age. If Winner chooses not to take a Guest, or if any Guest does not sign the documentation as provided in these Official Rules within the time frame specified then the Guest elements of the Prize will be forfeited and the other elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to award the Prize.
Winner and Guest may also be required to obtain a visa upon arrival in Destination. Winner and Guest must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prizes at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential Winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential Winner. Prize or Prize documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified. Winner and Guest agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations and agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
9. Prize Terms: The date for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or about February through December 2019, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner or a Guest. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or a Guest who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation; passports or other travel documentation, transportation (unless specified as being included), meals, snacks and beverages (unless specified as being included), mini-bar, entertainment, tips, gratuities, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, baggage fees, travel insurance, departure taxes and fees, and any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, are solely Winner’s responsibility. The Winner may be required to provide a credit card to the hotel to cover any incidental costs incurred. PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online, television, print advertising, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes, including all travel arrangements, will be made by Administrator and/or Sponsor.
10. Taxes: The Winner must supply Sponsor with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving Prize. The value of Prize is taxable to Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of Prize awarded if the aggregate value of Prize awarded to and other compensation received by Winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
11. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on THANKSLOYALTY.com/movies if time permits and the Prize will be awarded to a Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries received prior to any such event, or in any manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, and the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
IN THE EVENT ENTRANT ATTEMPTS TO BRING A CLAIM, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DESPITE AGREEING NOT TO DO SO IN SECTION 2 OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY — WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION — BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS’ FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Request for Name of Winner and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winner (first name and state) must be made by April 2, 2019. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self- addressed stamped envelope to: “AT&T THANKS VIP Sweepstakes”, #140 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452; and (ii) write, as applicable, “Winners List” or “Official Rules” on the lower left-hand corner of the envelope.
13. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by AT&T Mobility LLC, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd., NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319.
14. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.